Ventura Group RidesThe Ventura group ride has been meeting every weekend for nearly 30 years. Rides on both Saturday and Sunday leave from the coffee shop across from the Ventura Theatre on Chestnut - 27 South Chestnut Street in downtown Ventura at 7:30AM. Saturday is generally a faster ride than Sunday, but both are a good pace and typically a large group. The regular monthly schedule is:
- 1st Sat: Up Coast to top of Bates, Right on 150 to Gobernador, continue up the 192 (Toro Canyon), drop down into Summerland and back (50 mi.).
- 2nd Sat: Out Foothill into Santa Paula, Left on 150 over the Summit into Ojai, Some neighborhood weaving down to Luna up to Burham and back down Santa Ana Road to the Avenue (50 mi.). *
- 3rd Sat: Out Foothill to Santa Paula then down to South Mtn Rd and up Grimes (65 mi.).
- 4th Sat: Up toward Ojai to the 33 and up Rose Valley (Out and back) (approx 55 mi).
- 5th Sat: Up Coast to top of Bates, Right on 150 around Lake Casitas to entrance, down Santa Ana to the Avenue (40 mi.).
SundaysAll Sundays are a Coastal Recovery Ride: Up the cost to Bates, right on 150, then left on 192 past the polo fields, down to Calle Real then over Freeway and back down the coast. * An early group ride for slower riders is available on the 2nd Saturday of each month leaving at 7:15AM. The regular group still leaves at 7:30AM.
Other Group Rides
Ventura is one of the best cycling spots in America and has a very active community of cyclists who regularly meet.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY FACEBOOK GROUP: Ride METALMTN for updates and banter on group rides!
Ride and Event Disclaimer
METALMTN does not organize, sponsor, nor assume any liability for your participation in these rides.
Bicycle riding is an inherently dangerous sport. By participating in any group ride, you release and hold harmless METALMTN, it's owners, employees, sponsors, and other participants of any liability for any accident or injury that may occur.